Diploma in Pharmacy :
Diploma in Pharmacy is a 2-year-long career-oriented, paramedical course. Students who wish to pursue a long-term career in the medical field of pharmaceutical sciences, and start a career in the pharmaceutical industry, can take admission to the D Pharma course.
Why Pursue Diploma in Pharmacy ?
D.Pharmacy as a course has its own set of advantages as well as opportunities that provides an edge over other job scopes and roles. Some of the basic reasons for pursuing D.Pharm courses are,
- Social Responsibility: Pharmacists play an important role in the society as they define the health care sector. They contribute towards the health and welfare of the people of a society
- Huge Career Options: Pharmacists can work in organizations such as Hospitals, Nursing homes, Colleges and the medical industry as a whole
- Career Growth: Healthcare is an ever growing and non static career. Candidates in healthcare career have a vast opportunity in terms of growth and development
- Working Flexibility: Since it is a 24*7 job, one can opt from working for either a day shift or a night shift.
Students who wish to pursue a Diploma in Pharmacy course must fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
- The candidate must have passed Class 12 or equivalent from a recognized board.
- Students must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
Diploma in Pharmacy is a diverse course that offers a lot of scope for candidates pursuing it. Candidates after completing a degree in Pharmacy do have a wide scope of job opportunities such as Pharmacists, Production Executive, Analytical Chemists etc.
Following are some of the some of the areas where D Pharma graduates can work:
- Pharmaceutical Firms
- Sales and Marketing Department
- Research Agencies
- Food and Drug Administration
- Government hospitals
- Community health centres