A course in Taxation is offered in Bachelor’s, Masters and a certificate-level degree. The durations are three years, two years and six months to one year (depending from institute to institute) respectively. The certificate program is available in both full-time and correspondence course; the examinations are conducted in semester system. These degrees offer an in-depth understanding of the taxation field. These career-enhancing courses cover different types of taxes like property, real estate, payroll, income tax and others. These courses of Taxation give one an understanding of the basics of Taxation, Indian Tax system, concepts of Union, State and local taxes, GST calculation techniques, and VAT calculation techniques. Along with providing theoretical and experiential training, the universities and institutes also impart soft skill training, making the candidate market-ready. This course is woven attentively by the industry experts for candidates to benefit from it later in their career. Nowadays, Fast Track Degree or One Sitting Degree level programs are introduced in the academic line. In this, students who could not complete their graduation from some reasons can achieve their degree by completing their respective courses in one year through this program. Taxation is a course which can be efficiently completed with One Sitting Degree program.
Why opt for this course?
With the introduction of GST (Goods Service Tax) in 2017 in India, the importance of Taxation course is day by day is increasing. Since new reforms in the tax section are always introduced, candidates who experts in Taxation are still high in demand. Few reasons to opt for this course are enlisted below:
- Demand: According to a report, GST created a need for more 1.3 lakhs professionals in the market from all fields.
- Higher Salary prospects: A valid degree certificate in Taxation will fetch candidates a higher salary than those without a degree.3
- Career Advancement: Some senior positions in the sector requires specialized taxation knowledge and skills, which can only be acquired through this course.4
- Future Specialization: A degree in Taxation paves the way for candidates to pursue another course providing deeper understanding in a particular field. Like, for example, GST training and Certification Course or Income Tax Specialization.
- Open to all career fields: Every field which has a monetary side will need a finance professional to handle all the financial matters. A tax expert is required in almost all domains.6
- Personal Reasons: One interested in filling their tax files can effortlessly do so.
Eligibility criteria for Taxation course:
- For a graduate degree in Taxation, candidates must achieve at least 50% or above in the Commerce stream from a renowned board.2
- For a postgraduate degree in Taxation, candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree in Commerce from a famous university.
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Humanities or Science are also eligible, provided they have field experience in Taxation or any other related field.
- For Fast Track Degree in Taxation, candidates must pass with good scores in their 10+2 level.5
- Few universities take an entrance exam to admit students.
Career Opportunities after completing the course: There are ample job prospects for candidates with a degree in Taxation. Private, government sectors, banks and academic sectors (like professors) always welcome taxation experts. Other professions are as such:
- Tax Auditor
- Financial Advisor
- Tax Accountant
- Revenue Agent
- Tax Collector
- Tax Policy Analyst
- Tax Consultant
- Indirect Executive Taxation
The course will not only solidify the foundation of the subject, but also enhance confidence in candidates to handle tax projects efficiently. The Taxation course is beneficial as it caters to a plethora of industries; the immediate employment chances are relatively high. The degree in Taxation and the years of experience matters a lot in this field. More the experience and knowledge, more the income package. For further information, consult more about Taxation with education consultants.