Diploma in X-ray technology is a 2 years paramedical course in India. It deals with electromagnetic radiation that enters the human body and depicts solid structures in photographic film.
What is it About?
The healthcare industry is expanding and professionals in various fields are needed to ensure a well-managed healthcare sector in a country.
- This course deals with the electromagnetic radiations that enter the human body and create images of internal structures in photographic film. After the doctor deals with the problem and treats them.
- This course helps the students to acquire the knowledge to perform in the laboratory tests, general radiography and electrocardiograms and many more tests with the technology of electromagnetic radiations.
- Diploma in X-ray technology is a course where students can learn how to prepare a patient undergoing X-rays and electrocardiogram procedures and the process is carried out carefully.
- Students conduct veni-punctures and injections as well as office laboratory tests.
- The applicants who have completed their high school education in class 12 with science subjects as their major discipline with minimum marks obtained in the examination are eligible for this course.
- Some colleges/universities require the scores in the entrance exams based on the subjects covered and may consider the scores.
After completing the diploma in X-ray technology the students can pursue a higher degree in their career. There are several courses applicable for a diploma in X-ray technology graduates, some of which include:
- B.Sc in Radiology: If one wants to continue in the same field of education, the first program of choice is B.Sc. in Radiology. It is a 3 years course and the eligibility criteria include having a 10+2 with 50% in science stream of an approved board.
- B.Sc in Radiography Imaging Techniques: It is a 3 years undergraduate degree. The eligibility criteria include having a 10+2 science stream from a recognized board.
- B.Sc Medical Lab Technology: It is a 3 years undergraduate course degree. The eligibility criteria include having a 10+2 with 50% in the science stream from a recognized board. The admission process is entrance-based and merit-based.
- B.Sc in Radiotherapy: It is a 3 years undergraduate course degree. The eligibility criteria include having a 10+2 with science stream from a recognized board. The admission process is either direct admission or entrance-examination process.
Deciding to follow the path of higher education improves the chances of getting better and different career paths, better salary packages and a stable career growth overall.