GNM stands for General Nursing and Midwifery. GNM is a paramedical diploma course with a span of three and a half years. GNM emphasizes teaching Nursing students the importance of the community, community health care, and Midwifery.
Why Pursue GNM Nursing?
GNM Nursing courses play an important role in the healthcare sector particularly in times like now. The vocational training enables students to assist the needs of the patients with the help of clinical methodologies.
The work requires administering the patients and assisting the doctors to provide care for society.
The curriculum of a GNM Nursing course is specifically designed to train students to become fully-fledged nursing professionals. It has a mixture of both theoretical and on-ground training for the candidates which helps them acquire basic skills.
The main eligibility criteria to pursue a GNM Nursing in India are listed below.
- Students must have completed their 10+2 from the Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as mandatory subjects.
- Also, candidates should have obtained at least 50% marks in their qualifying exams.
Job Roles in GNM Nursing :
The following is a list of prominent recruiters in India who hire GNM diploma holders:
- The Indian Red Cross Society
- Community Health Centres
- Max Hospital
- Manipal Hospital
- Apollo Hospital Enterprise
- Fortis Healthcare
- Medanta Medicity
- Columbia Asia Hospital
- Wockhardt Hospitals
- Global Hospitals
- Indian Nursing Council and different State Nursing Councils